The EPS works to support its members. Find below the list of activities of the EPS Executive Committee and staff for February 2015:
- 2 February: The Executive Committee meeting was organised by Elisabeth Rachlew, member of the EPS Executive Committee, and took place in Stockholm at KTH Physics – AlbaNova, Sweden.
- 9 February: Christophe Rossel, EPS president-elect, represented EPS at the EPS Historic Site ceremony for the Kamerlingh Onnes laboratory in Leiden, Netherlands (talk and unveiling the plaque).
- 10 February: Christophe Rossel and David Lee, EPS secretary general met with IOP, DPG and NNV representatives at Leiden University, NL, for informal discussion on challenges and opportunities for EPS.
- 18-20 February: John Dudley, EPS president, and David Lee meet with representatives from ICTP and SPIE at the International Centre for Theoretical Physics in Trieste, Italy, to coordinate actions between the LIGHT2015 European Project and the International Year of Light.
- 23 February: James Hough chaired a session on Maxwell at the Scottish opening ceremony of the IYL 2015 in Edinburgh.
- 24 February: David Lee and Ophélia Fornari, from the EPS secretariat, met the new chair of the EPS Conference Committee, Professor Dominique Vernhet at the EPS Headquarter in Mulhouse, France.
- 24-25 February: John Dudley delivers a lecture on the International Year of Light at the Royal Society of Edinburgh co-organised by IOP Scotland.
- 25 February: Gerd Leuchs, member of the EPS Executive Committee, attended the ‘Stuttgart Scientific Symposium “Light for the Future” ‘ in Stuttgart, Germany, and conveyed regards from the president, the president elect and the whole Executive Committee.
- 27 February: Christophe Rossel participated in the opening ceremony of IYL 2015 in Germany at the Deutsches Museum, Munich, Germany.