Nominations are now open for the Edison Volta Prize of the European Physical Society [EPS]. The award – intended to promote excellence in research – will be given in recognition of outstanding research and achievements in physics.
The EPS Edison Volta Prize is given biennially to individuals or groups of up to three people. The award consists of a diploma, a medal, and €10,000 in prize money.
The Prize Selection Committee is composed of:
- the EPS President
- an EPS Division or Group Chair
- an EPS Honorary Member
- a Representative of an EPS Associate Member institution
- a Representative of Centro Volta.
Nominations for the EPS Edison Volta Prize 2016 should include:
- personal details about the nominee(s), including biographical statements
- citations highlighting the work of the nominee(s)
- up to three statements of support from individuals who are familiar with such.
The deadline for nominations is 31 January 2016. For more information, in particular to read the Prize Charter, and for the detailed procedure for nominations, please visit the European Physical Society webpage.