What follows is a short list of the various activities of EPS Executive Committee and staff for the last month. By providing a summary every month, we hope to inform all EPS’s members of the various ways in which the Executive Committee and Secretariat can provide support.
- 1-5 July: M. Knoop (EPS Honorary Secretary) attends French Physical Society [SFP] Meeting in Marseille, France.
- 1-3 July: D. Lee (EPS General Secretary), B. Huchet (EPS Communication Co-ordinator) and J. Rivero González (EPS Communications intern) attend the European Science Education Academy [ESEA] Workshop.
- 2 July: EPS President J. Dudley and C. Latimer meet with the Director of the European Research Area O. Quintana Trias in Brussels to present the study on the importance of physics to the economies of Europe.
- 3 July: EPS President J. Dudley and Z. Fulop meet Gabor Mahaly Nagy, Adviser on Scientific Culture to the DG Research and Innovation in Brussels to discuss initiatives in outreach and education.
- 9 July: EPS hosts “la journée Ecole Doctorale” at its Secretariat in Mulhouse, France.
- 14-19 July: EPS Delegation (J. Dudley, L. Cifarelli, D. Lee, M. Kolwas) attends ASEPS 2013 in Japan and visit RIKEN research institute activities in nanophotonics, attoscience and the RIKEN Nishina Center for Accelerator-based Science.
- 22 July: D. Lee in London to meet with EuCheMS Secretary General.
- 29 July : L. Cifarelli and J. Dudley meet Deputy Permanent Representative and Scientific Attaché of the Permanent Mission of Italy to the International Organisations in Geneva to discuss support for the International Year of Light.