The 3rd European Energy Conference will be held from 27-30 October 2013 in Budapest, Hungary. This conference is one of the key contributions to EPS initiatives in energy. The third edition is jointly organised with the European Materials Research Society [E-MRS], and the European Association of Chemical and Molecular Sciences [EuCheMS].
An exciting plenary programme has been put together by the chairmen, L. Sarkadi, President of the Hungarian Chemical Society, and N. Kroó, President of the Hungarian Physical Society. Speakers include:
- Pál Kovacs – Hungarian State Secretary,
- Robert-Jan Smits – DG Research representative,
- Romana Jordan – European Parliament, ITRE,
- Stefan Weitemeyer – NEXT ENERGY – EWE Research Centre for Energy Technology,
- Alberto Loarte – ITER Organization,
- Harald Bolt – Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH,
- and many others.
The full plenary and invited speaker programme is available on the conference website.
The EPS would strongly urge you to attend this conference!
The European Energy Conference and the Joint EPS-SIF International School on Energy alternate in odd and even years. Both of these high level scientific events are important for the visibility and impact of the EPS in the rapidly expanding field of energy. Policy makers at national and European levels need the input from scientists, which is gathered and published as proceedings from both of these events (EPJ Web of Conferences).