The EPS works to support its members. Find below the list of activities of the EPS Executive Committee and staff for January 2015:
- 5 – 8 January: Patricia Helfenstein, Ophélia Fornari and Ahmed Ouarab, from the EPS secretariat, worked at NANOMETA 2015, the 5th International Topical Meeting on Nanophotonics and Metamaterials that took place in Seefeld, Austria. This conference was organised by the European Physical Society and welcomed 217 participants.
- 8 January: John Dudley, EPS President, participated in the IYL2015 Opening Ceremony in Paris, France.
- 19 – 20 January: Opening Ceremony of the 2015 International Year of Light and Light-based Technologies, UNESCO, Paris, France. EPS staff together with EPS Young Minds volunteers prepared the venue of the participants.
- 22 January: Christophe Rossel welcomed a delegation of 25 Young Minds physics students from the University of Constance (DE) and from ETH Zurich (CH) visiting the IBM Zurich Research Laboratory in Rüschlikon, Switzerland. He gave a talk on Science and Technology at IBM.
- 28 January: Marian Reiffers, member of the EPS Executive Committee, participated in a meeting of the Slovak Physical Society.
- 28 January: John Dudley, EPS President, participated in the IYL2015 Opening Ceremony in the UK.
- 29 January: Christophe Rossel and David Lee attended a meeting at the Council of the Institute of Physics and made a presentation on the EPS strategy and future plans. The meeting took place at the IOP headquarters in London, UK.