The EPS works to support its members. Find below the list of activities of the EPS Executive Committee and staff for November 2014:
- 3-4 November: the EPS ExCom meeting took place at EPFL in Lausanne, Switzerland.
- 7 November: John Dudley, EPS president, hosted an IYL 2015 meeting with David Lee, EPS secretary general, Jorge Rivero, EPS IYL 2015 outreach officer, and UNESCO staff in Besançon, France.
- 10 November: John Dudley represented EPS at the launch of the World Library of Science at UNESCO HQ in Paris, France.
- 13-14 November: Christophe Rossel, EPS president-elect, participated in the meeting of the EPS Energy Group at the Instituto Superior Técnico [IST] in Lisbon, Portugal. The EPS EG Position Paper on Energy was discussed.
- 17 November: Christophe Rossel participated in the preparation meeting with Giorgio Benedeck, EPL editor-in-chief, David Lee and Frédéric Burr, EPL staff editor, on the new EPL Editorial Decision tree at the EPS secretariat in Mulhouse.
- 18 November: John Dudley met with various UK IYL Partners in London, United Kingdom. Christophe Rossel participated in the EPS staff meeting at the EPS secretariat in Mulhouse.
- 20-21 November: Christophe Rossel chaired the EPLA BOD meeting, which took place at CFEL/DESY in Hamburg, Germany, followed by a visit to PETRA III and FLASH. Giorgio Benedek, David Lee and Frédéric Burr attended this meeting.
- 23- 25 November: Christophe Rossel and David Lee participated in the CEI-SEENET-MTP-EPS Workshop “Promotion of physics in the CEI countries and Integrating Access to Research Infrastructures in Europe” in Sofia, Bulgaria. He chaired the round-table discussion on “The role of a learned society in the modern era of shared research infrastructures”.
- 26 November: John Dudley met with Flavia Schlegel, Assistant Director General for Natural Sciences of UNESO in Paris, to provide a personal briefing on plans for the International Year of Light 2015 (UK). Marian Reiffers participated in a meeting of the Slovak Physical Society.