The EPS works to support its members. Find below the list of activities of the EPS Executive Committee and staff for October 2014:
- 2 – 3 October: Christophe Rossel, EPS President elect, committee member of the EPS Forum Physics and Society [FPS], took part in the FPS meeting on ‘Improving the Image of Physics’ in Belgrade, Serbia. He delivered a keynote speech on the IYL2015 and chaired one of the workshops on the theme ’Improving the image with the public- engaging non-specialists’. David Lee, Patricia Helfenstein and Ophélia Fornari, from the EPS secretariat, attended the VI EPS Forum Physics and Society.
- 4 October: Christophe Rossel, EPS President elect, participated in the 10th Young Minds Action Committee meeting at the Faculty of Physics, University of Belgrade, Serbia. David Lee and Ophélia Fornari, from the EPS secretariat, also attended the 10th Young Minds Action Committee Meeting.
- 7 – 9 October: J. Dudley, EPS President represented EPS at the 50th Anniversary of the ICTP and participated in a Round Table on the Future of Light, Trieste, Italy.
- 13 October: David Lee, EPS Secretary General, participated in the meeting organised by the European Commission for coordinators of European funded projects.
- 15 October: Marian Reiffers, member of the EPS Executive Committee, participated in the General assembly and meeting of the Committee of the Slovak Physical Society.
- 22-24 October: David Lee attended the General Assembly of EuCheMS in Torun, Poland.
- 27 October: John Dudley, EPS President, David Lee as well as Patricia Helfenstein and Jorge Rivero, from the EPS secretariat, participated in a series of IYL2015 organisational meetings at UNESCO HQ Paris, France.
- 30 October: The Executive Committee of the International Association of Physics Students met at the EPS Secretariat in Mulhouse, France.
- 31 October: Marian Reiffers and Zsolt Fülöp, members of the EPS Executive Committee, met at ATOMKI in Deberecen, Hungary to speak about cooperation.