The IUPAP Commission on Quantum Electronics C17 is presently soliciting nominations for its biennial Young Scientist Prizes in Quantum Electronics to be presented at the International Optics & Photonics Taiwan Conference in Zhongli, Taiwan, on 5-7 December 2013.
Two prizes will be awarded for outstanding contributions to quantum electronics and its applications made by young scientists with a maximum of 8 years of research experience, counted from the nomination deadline (excluding career interruptions) following the PhD. One of the prizes is for fundamental aspects and another one is for applied aspects.
Nominees for the Prizes must be nominated by a senior member of the research community, and the deadline for submissions of nominations is 20 October 2013. Nomination packages must be in the form of a single consolidated PDF file or a ZIP archive, containing:
- A cover letter by the nominator (please indicate fundamental or applied aspects prize);
- A citation for the Prize (not more than 25 words);
- A brief description of the nominee’s achievements (not more than one to one and a half pages);
- A one page CV of the nominee;
- A list of key publications, patents, etc.;
- At least two additional letters of endorsement of the nomination.
Please send all material via email to the IUPAP-C17- YS Prize Committee Chair Professor V. Zadkov by the deadline of 20 October 2013.